A veterans’ benefits bill is being sent for President Obama’s consideration.
A veterans' benefits bill is being sent for President Obama's consideration. If signed into law, The Veterans' Benefits Act of 2010 (H.R. 3219, as amended), includes the following:
* Raises an automobile assistance benefit for disabled veterans from $11,000 to $18,900.
* Authorizes federal grants to provide job training, counseling, placement, and childcare services to homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children.
* Substantially increases the maximum levels of supplemental insurance for totally disabled veterans, as well as Veterans' Group Life Insurance and Veterans' Mortgage Life Insurance.
* Provides retroactive Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance benefits for troops who were traumatically injured between October 7, 2001 and November 30, 2005, regardless of where their injury occurred.
* Clarifies that the Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act prohibits wage discrimination against members of the Armed Forces.