How do veterans qualify to get medical care at a VA hospital?

A veteran wants must complete and submit form 10-10EZ, with a copy of the military discharge papers to the local VA hospital admissions department.  Subsequently, they will set an appointment.  
If the veteran is receiving NSC pension plus A & A or housebound benefits, the veteran receives meds, medical equipment, incontinence supplies, glasses, hearing aids, etc. free without going to the hospital. Again, submit form
10-10EZ, but attach a copy of pension award letter, a copy of discharge papers, and prescriptions from his private doctor.  This benefit is not contingent on financial information.
Priority to see a physician is in the following order and based on availability: 
  •  recently discharge veterans (within five years)
  •  service connected and POWs
  •  NSC pension veterans with A & A or housebound
  •   everyone else

To increase your monthly income, please contact us about a FREE HANDBOOK about VA Benefits, written by David Wingate, an accredited VA Attorney, of Senior Life Care Planning, LLC, go to or if you require additional information about VA Benefits, visit our Senior LCP's Website.

We also have a Blog on Elder Issues and Veteran's Benefits.

If you are not receiving our Newsletter, go ahead and subscribe to our free NEWSLETTER to stay on top of senior issues.


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted on: No Comments

Leave a Reply