Benefits of Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted living communities offer many great benefits to the residents and provides peace of mind to their loved ones. Some of these benefits may include the following:
- Dining plans with many choices of food to ensure that each resident is eating a well-balanced healthy meal.
- Daily social and recreational activities to encourage an active social life.
- Laundry and linen services.
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing and medication management, ensuring greater health and personal hygiene.
- On-site trained staff for medical emergencies.
- Group transportation for shopping and community events, and personal transportation for doctor’s appointments.
- On-site medical offices, physical therapists and other medical professionals.
While having a discussion with a parent about moving from the home may not be easy, promoting the benefits of assisted living can make the conversation much easier. Planning ahead and getting them comfortable with the prospect of moving into such a residence is strongly encouraged.Tags: assisted living, assisted living facilities, peace of mind