What are the co-payments for Veterans (PART 1)?
There are no costs for certain veterans and low-income veterans. The following veterans are eligible to receive cost-free health care benefits automatically:
- A service-connected veteran receiving VA compensation benefits
- A veteran seeking care for a specific service-connected disability
- Former POWs
- Purple Heart Medal recipients
- A veteran with conditions related to exposure to herbicides during the Vietnam-era, ionizing radiation during atmospheric testing, ionizing radiation during the occupation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- A veteran who sustained a service-related condition while serving in the Gulf War, in combat in a war after the Gulf War, or during a period of hostility after November 11, 1998
- A veteran with military sexual trauma
- A veteran with cancer of the head or neck caused by nose or throat radium
treatments given while in the military
- A veteran who is participating in a VA approved research project
David Wingate has written a FREE HANDBOOK on Veteran’s Benefits, if you desire a copy please visit the Senior Life Care Planning’s website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Frederick Office at 301 663 9230.
Additionally, for more information and articles on VA Benefits go to our Senior LCP's Veteran's BlogTags: Accredited VA attorney, elder care attorney, elder law attorney, life care planning, senior life care planning, VA, VA claims, va pensions, VAGA, veterans, Veterans Benefits, veterans surviving spouses