Our office is OPEN to help Maryland Residents.

Posts Tagged ‘support of claim’

What’s the proper way to notify the VA of the death of a veteran receiving Aid and Attendance?

Provide the VA with a statement in support of claim form (21-4138) and a copy of the death certificate when available.  To stop direct deposit of benefits, the next of kin or Personal Representative of the Estate should call 1-877-838-2778 and request payments be stopped. The VA pays one month in arrears; the check for March is for the month of February. Therefore, the deceased, a single veteran with no dependents, the check for February can be kept. However, the March check needs to be returned.  If the veteran was married or a dependent child, the check for the entire month…

Read More »