Is their an organization or group that is willing or able to serve as personal representative and fiduciary, for the veteran, if they have no family etc?

The American Legion, DAV, or VFW.  If they cannot serve, they may refer someone who can.  Also, a shelter or local church who has a staff person willing to assume this role.  The VA can also assign fiduciary to an attorney, professional guardian, or nurse case manager, or here may be someone that could assume this position for payment.  The payment is made from the veteran's benefit money, but the VA would oversee this. 

To increase your monthly income, please contact us about a FREE HANDBOOK about VA Benefits, written by David Wingate, an accredited VA Attorney, of Senior Life Care Planning, LLC, go to or if you require additional information about VA Benefits, visit our Senior LCP's Website.

We also have a Blog on Elder Issues and Veteran's Benefits.

If you are not receiving our Newsletter, go ahead and subscribe to our free NEWSLETTER to stay on top of senior issues.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted on: No Comments

Leave a Reply