How do you and your Physician interect upon learning you have Alzheimer’s Disease?
One of the greatest challenges physicians face is responding to the older patient with memory loss who fears he or she has Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, you and your physician need to know the facts:
- What’s the difference between the memory loss of normal aging and Alzheimer’s disease?
- What tests can be performed to assess memory?
- If it’s Alzheimer’s, how does the physician tell you?
- What treatments are available?
- What else can the doctor do to help you or your family?
- What Alzheimer's clinical trials are available in the area?
- What resources are available to the family?