Caregiver dealing with Dementia Repetitive Questions, Repetitive Phrases or Movements, Anxiety and Hostility
Typically, these are requests for help. Consequently, they may be a response to stress, seeking attention, or lack of stimulation. Therefore, these interventions can lessen the effect:
• Unmet need – hunger or thirst?
• Reassurance if intimate care is approaching – the distress may be in anticipation of care procedures
• Allow for pain, infection, constipation or other medical issues
• Allow for more rest periods, verbal agitation can cause excessive fatigue
• Consider smell, noise, light, temperature or activity.Tags: anxiety, caregiver, dementia, repetitive movements, repetitive phrases, repetitive questioning, stress