Can a war veteran claim – child support order – a dependant?

War veteran, resides in ALF.  Pays child support order for daughter.  Therefore, she is a dependent. Consequently, add onto veteran's claim as a dependent. 

Therefore, if single, requires A & A, one dependent, thus a MAPR of $23,296.00 or $1,949.00 per month i.e. same as married.

If married, an additional $168.00 per month or $2,020.00 annually.

To increase your monthly income, please contact us about a FREE HANDBOOK about VA Benefits, written by David Wingate, an accredited VA Attorney, of Senior Life Care Planning, LLC, go to or if you require additional information about VA Benefits, visit our Senior LCP's Website.

We also have a Blog on Elder Issues and Veteran's Benefits.

If you are not receiving our Newsletter, go ahead and subscribe to our free NEWSLETTER to stay on top of senior issues.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted on: No Comments

Leave a Reply